Sunday, October 4, 2009

old with the new


A few quick memories of my days livin on huki lau
I woke up to the sunrise every morning just like this shot---->
It was gorgeous. First off I had never even been to Hawaii in my life. I had always loved the beach and was super sick of no sunshine and dark long winters having lived in rexburg the past couple years so to get into BYU hawaii made my life!!! I was so excited. I didn't know anyone and wasnt going with anyone I knew so it was going to be quite the experience:) I remember my first day moving in. I took a shuttle to my house. I got dropped off and walked into this beat down beach house. I took one of the tow beds in the kitchen and I just remember sweating and my hair going curly from the humidity. Then some of the other roomies rolled in. Robin took the bed by me and then we had Ms. Japan who spoke little to no english and we hardly ever saw her. Then Robin the RM who again was hardly ever around. Then my fellow cali girl moved in- Ms. Ashley- we hit it off right off the bat and are forever BFFs. Then Cat and Erin came and a girl from singapore. Our house was packed. There were two families who lived in the front of us. But we had the beach side and that was all that mattered. Life was good. I got a job on campus and worked a ton while taking a light load. Ash and I found Jake and Tyson to run around with. They were tons of fun. We went all over the island with those kids. It often hurts thinking back to the good times we had cuz my days as of recent are sooooo lame. Anyways-memories. I remember not having a car and skating and hitch hiking everywhere. I remember not being able to afford much food and living off of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwhiches. I remember working with Tasha and becoming friends with her and findin out recently she is on the womens olympic soccer team. I remember nights skinny dipping and coming home sweating only to strip down and get into my suit and take a dip in the delicious water. I remember trips to matsumotos and haleiwa. I remember taking a hula class and waking up to the INS one morning as they searched for my singapore roomie to deport her:( I could go on and on and on but those are what come to mind the most. So my fam and I went back a bit ago -
Below is a pic of me and my sisties
snorkeling.
We had a blast. We all hit up Matt Hardens wedding
at the gorgeous Turtle Bay Resort. It was an amazing time. Those Hardens know how to throw a party that is for sure. They wined and dined us silly. I'm suprised we continued to get into our swimsuits day in and day out cuz we ate soooo much. We hit up Pearl Harbor which tickled my dad, cuz he is always watchin the history channel and they are always doing WWII specials so it was neat to see it live. The pic below is of me and cat skydiving. We hit up drop zone north west of us to do it. It was super fun. Good times. I miss it tons. I remember deciding to serve a mission and having to come home to prep. I would wake up in tears cuz I missed the ocean and my chill hawaiian lifestyle. It was such a beautiful time in my life.






DROP ZONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment